A request for a copy of Government Records should be submitted on a form adopted by the Custodian of Records for requests related to Police Department Records. In general:
- Some records will require time to locate and to make the copies requested, but may be available during normal business hours and/or seven (7) business days
- If any document which has been requested is not a public record or cannot be provided within the seven business days, you will be provided with an explanation within the seven (7) business days.
- Some records requested have specific fees or other response times established by statute. There is no fee involved in inspecting a document during normal business hours.
- Except as otherwise provided by law or regulation, the fee assessed for duplication of a printed record shall be:
- 5 cents each for 8.5x11
- 7 cents each for Legal size
- 5 cents each for #10 business envelopes
- 12 cents for larger Kraft envelopes
- $2.17 each for expandable envelopes
- 17 cents each for CD's/DVD's
- PLUS POSTAGE (if applicable)
- as provided under N.J.S.A. 39:4-131.
- Where a request is for a copy in a format other than a photocopy, reasonable efforts will be made to provide the information in the format requested. The cost will be based on the costs producing the format requested.
OPRA request for Hamilton Twp. Police public records
For more information about OPRA visit the following link.